The moment I became aware of the world of Blog's, Blogging, and the entire "Blogosphere" or "Blogiverse", I've always been uncertain of my skills as a Blauthor. Growing up, my parents, teachers, and tutor's always insisted that I kept a journal. Unfortunately I never had the discipline necessary to develop a journal I would consider worth reading (considering the fact that I used a mere 10-13 pages to document the entire later half of my career as an elementary school student). Over 25 years later, I find myself asking the same question: have I developed the the discipline necessary develop a worthwhile blog? Do I have the discipline AND enthusiasm to create a blog that I will update on a regular basis? Or will I find myself forgetting and neglecting my blog right after I publish this post?
Of course, this isn't the only issue I have with the blog-life.
Exactly how much of myself should I reveal to the Blogosphere? If you're familiar with my paintings, I think it goes without saying that I've got "issues". And to be honest, a lot of the issues I'm wrestling with are ones I'm definitely not comfortable sharing with strangers (especially strangers who might also be fans/collectors). But isn't that the point of blogging? To dish out whatever is on your mind, or whatever you're going through, and letting people read and respond to it? I think I would totally let it rip if I didn't think there could possibly be negative repercussions of some sort. Of course I could publish this under an alias, but that probably wouldn't work since my blog will mostly revolve around my paintings and art shows, from which it wouldn't be hard to connect the dots to my true identity.
Despite these hang-ups, it seems like part of me is totally down with blogging it up since I've actually typed out all this crap. I guess we'll just have see how it goes from here. Wish me luck, and enjoy! (you voyeurist freaks)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good words.
Post a Comment