So, I've got 6 shows between now and the end of the year.
In two weeks, I'm in a show entitled "Green" curated by Mark Murphy at the Robert Berman Gallery
Here's a blurb about the show:

"GREEN Exhibition : November 17 : 7:30 PM : Robert Berman Gallery
Over 40 artists were invited to participate in the upcoming exhibition GREEN, curated by publisher/designer Mark Murphy : Green will feature original paintings, (24" x 24" and 24" x 36") that look to explore human interaction with nature : Green will be held at the Robert Berman Gallery, November 17th featuring traveling artists, inspired artworks, and the music of SSI and the Modlins : Check out www.robertbermangallery.com or www.murphydesign.com for more information and gallery show times : Green will be on display until December 22 :
Featuring the inspired talents of :
Jason D Aquino + Jordan Awan + Andrew Brandou + Cathie Bleck+ Marc Burckhardt + William Buzzell + Luke Chueh : David Chung + Amy Crehore + Kevin Christy + Sas Christianson + John Copeland + Bob Dob + andrew foster + Douglas Fraser + P-Jay Fidler + Joseph Daniel Fiedler + AJ Fosik + Robert Hardgrove + Jody Hewgill + Michael Hussar + Tim Hussey + Jordin Isip + Rich Jacobs + Pamela Jaeger + james jean + David Choong Lee + Anthony Lister + Jen Lobo + Mars-1 + Chris Mostyn + Mark Murphy + Scott Musgrove + Joel Nakamura : Christian Northeast + Martha Rich and Esther Pearl Watson Collaboration + Kathie Olivas + Nathan Ota + Brandt Peters + Jermaine Rogers + Kim Scott + Keith Shore + Jeff Soto + Damon Soule + Matt Stallings + Gary Taxali + Amanda Wachab + Justin Wood"
This is followed by a little show I've been curating for the past 4 years, The Vivisect Playset. Hosted by Gallery 1988 this years show is being held at their San Francisco gallery.
Featuring artists who regularly illustrate the human condition through animal characters, this years show is going to be truly interesting. New location, new artists... I'm excited. Unfortunately the Vivisect Toyset StrangeCo is releasing won't be ready for the show. Hopefully it'll ready for the 2008 San Diego ComicCon.


Mark Murphy's also curating a show at this years Miami Art Basel which I'm also going to be in.
Copro Nason is hosting a holiday show where all the paintings will be sold through silent auction.
Corey Helford is hosting an anti war art show on December 4th. 25 artists were invited, while a 1000 posters will be produced and handed out for free to the audience. And with December being the "season of giving", a percentage of the proceeds from art sales will be donated to various veterans charities.
I'm under the impression that the free posters are being created with the intention of possibly having them wheat pasted all over LA. I interested in seeing how this will all go down.
Finally Project: has a holiday show I'm in, "Wishful Thinking" where the gallery is donating all sales proceeds - in the spirit of holiday giving - to Make-a-Wish.

Anyways, more blogging later. I've got lots of blog worthy shit on my mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment