Monday, November 12, 2007

Sketches

So, I thought today I'll put up some sketches for pieces I'm working on for upcoming shows. I've already posted the sketch I made for "Green", which is opening this weekend. But here's a pretty rough sketch for the piece I'm working on for the "War" show at Corey Helford Gallery


The copy will ready "AMERICA NEEDS OIL - INVADE IRAN"

It's also my friend Monica Choy's birthday. Monica used to be the curator of Portland's infamous Compound Gallery with whom she got me in a couple shows at. She also has an alter-ego, "MoMo Bear", the inspiration for this sketch/gift. It's kind of also a practice piece for my upcoming show at Copro/Nason "She's My Heroin(e)", in which there will be plenty of girls in the work.
I want to find a way of stylistically drawing the female form so they have an obvious "Luke Chueh" quality. We'll see how that goes.

LUKE CHUEH vs. MOMOBEAR:

2 comments:

jenny said...

awwww momo is so kawaaiiiiiii!!


^_^

sleepboy said...

nice sketches. that does look a little like monica!