Friday, November 30, 2007

Dedication

A couple people have brought up my dedication to my blog, and I've been thinking, they're absolutely right. The thing is, I guess it's a way for me to deal with my recovery. The junkie lifestyle is filled with lots of rituals: Getting your dope, preparing it, cooking it, finding a vein that still works or isn't covered with scar tissue, etc. Then there's the paraphernalia aspect, making a beautiful kit, keeping it clean, finding antique syringes, custom cookers, a leather wrap to keep my kit all together...

When I first got on methadone, I was still using, probably because I hadn't found anything to replace the ritual. In time though I've replaced that missing piece of my life with coffee (I go through a somewhat meticulous process when it comes to making my coffee, brewing individual cups) and now I've got my blog. When I get home I plan on rearranging all my photos and editing my text, cause I got to make sure the presentation is perfect.



Also, I know you voyeuristic fuckers just can't get enough, so I'm just feeding my fans. ;)



ENJOY!

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

4 comments:

marcus said...

i just noticed ur post from blackberry... very impressive

jenny said...

feed us D: ffeeeeeddd nooowww. hope the weathers nice up there. it sucks balls down here.

jled said...

at the risk of sounding cheesy...
YOU ARE A TRUE INSPIRATION!!

kc said...

lukey, i'm very proud and happy for you - you're changing your ritual habits, and that's what every drug addict really enjoys in the using (next to the high) is the loving ritual one takes to get high......... it's hard for me to put to words, but i'm relieved, and so glad to hear the positivity in your voice, and how you're expanding your horizons....

keep growing, i'm starting to think that life can be this marvelous and horrible thing all at the same time, but whether it be "marvelous" or whether it be "horrible" the experience of it all is truly what's so delicious.

like camus' main character in the stranger concludes with, it's just important to FEEL and make an impact, and whether that impact is positive or negative, at least it's not neutral. at least it's making a choice. at least it's SOMETHING REAL.

this is a long comment, but since this is between family and the blogspot says something like .....chueh.blogger.com, i'll think of this as my entry in the chueh blog.

have fun at your show tonight luke!