Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Mecha Sad Bear (Phase 2)

Here's my second round of turnarounds of Mecha Sad Bear for Wonderwall/Intheyellow's Kaiju for Grown Ups series.

Someone (yes, I know who it is) leaked the original sketches to the Kid Robot Message Boards.
I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel about this, especially when Ishii, the man behind the project, confronted me about it.
Obviously, I put it up here for people to see, but my audience is pretty small and intimate, so I feel safe here. Then again, both Ishii and I have noticed that people have been responding positively to the sketches, so maybe it's a good thing.
Last night when my sister and I went and saw National Treasure 2, (I give it B rating) I noticed how Pixar's next movie, WALL-E (coming out Summer, 2008) is running teaser trailers now, building up the hype. Also, Munky King promoted Possessed for over 2 years before it came out. Hmmm...

I guess all I have to say is if anyone wants to post any images from my blog up onto any message boards, please let me know first. You can email me at contact@lukechueh.com. I think previewing things early can good thing, as long as I've got some control over it.
Thanks for your enthusiasm and support!

3 comments:

sleepboy said...

wasn't me!

Luke C. said...

I know it wasn't you sleepy :)
Like I said, I know who it was, and I'm not mad, I just want to have a say before anything else is posted.

kc said...

National Treasures 2: truly a heart-pounding thriller with lots of laughs and lots of great hijinx. as the other chueh to go see this movie, i give it a solid b+ (i have a fine appreciation for the use of old gears and large panels made out of rocks that can be pushed to open even larger rocks which reveal hallways lined with oil that one can light on fire while ed harris and his twinkly blue eyes and male-pattern baldness tells you what to do)