Tuesday, December 18, 2007

They never called me Bruce

Do you remember a little known comedy called "They Call Me Bruce?"?

It's perhaps one of the few American asian exploitation films I can think of. It was also really terrible. (I can't believe they actually made fucking SEQUEL! "They Still Call Me Bruce")
I bring this up because it came to mind when I was working on my painting for the "Nature of Water", a Bruce Lee themed group show, hosted by Nucleus.


It Takes More Than A Jumpsuit (and Nunchukas)
11" x 14"
Acrylic + Ink
2007

I'm under the impression that Nucleus and I will be making a nice limited edition print of this painting too.

6 comments:

sleepboy said...

i need this!

jenny said...

HAHAAAAAAAAA!!!! i loveeee it! damn straight you need more than a jumpsuit lil bear... you needa be friggin ASIAN!!!


*throws asian pride gang sign


..whatever that is.*

monica choy said...

it would look something like this...

AZN

messy...but this one is better:

w00t!

Joe said...

Ooooh!

stomach cake said...

This comment has nothing to do with this entry. I went to my profile to see what I would look like to myself if I were a stranger, of course. I clicked on Big Black to see who else on Blogger liked their music. Luke Chueh came up and when I had a Myspace, I thought for sure that no one can deny my taste and emotions if I put up the painting from Luke Chueh's website of a headless, or should I say bodyless bear suit being being at the other end of a rainbow that was revealed when he hacked off his head, or the head of his suit. I guess I just wanted to say that I admire and appreciate your artwork, and it's nice to have found your blog.

marcus said...

got to have this for my bruce lee collection