So, I'm currently in communique with the folks at Wonderwall concerning my contributing to their Kaiju for Grown Ups series. Here's a sketch of what I'm interested in making with them. I call it Ultra-Mecha-Sad-Bear. A combination of several obvious Kaiju elements: Ultraman, Mechagodzilla, and my Sad Bear.
And here's a quick photoshop job on how I imagine it in color
Born in Philadelphia, but tragically raised in Fresno, Luke Chueh (pronounced CHU) attended California Polytechnic State University San Luis Obipso, where he earned a BS in Art & Design (Graphic Design concentration).
In 2003, Luke started pursuing a career as a studio artist, quickly working his way up the ranks of the "Pop Surrealist / Low Brow" art scene, establishing himself as an artist not to be ignored. Employing minimal color schemes, simple animal characters, and a seemingly endless list of ill-fated situations, Chueh stylistically balances cute with brute, walking the fine line between comedy and tragedy.
4 comments:
pretty clever... but can it take on the mighty sluggonadon??
Ooh, an Ultra colored Mecha Sad Bear.
rad!!!
ultra coolness
Post a Comment