
Let me first say that I am TRULY flattered that they found inspiration in my work. I just wish this artist took a second to try and understand what I was trying to illustrate in the painting.
For instance, "79 Au 138.57" is GOLD.
NOT cash and diamonds...
I would think the title "The Alchemist", would help spell it out for the audience… and to think someone has this tattooed on them!
(Alchemy is a medieval science that was fixated on finding a way transform base metals such as lead, into gold. Alchemists were also on the hunt for the fabled "philosopher stone", an idea I might be exploring in future works)
Oh well. I guess it's the thought that counts.
2 comments:
LOL. When i first saw this painting long long ago, at first glance, i thought AU was vomit. Because if you pronounce Au in cantonese, that's how you say vomit. I thought how clever...since Luke is chinese. Later, i realized it was the element gold LOL. My all time favorite painting by the way...if only Clay would sell it.
LOL at sleepboys comment
whatta coincidence.
Post a Comment