Sunday, January 13, 2008

Old School (Part 1)

Earlier this week, I wast talking to a friend who asked whether I'd seen any of Stella Im Hultburg, Amy Sol,or Audrey Kawasaki's older work. He went on to describe how very different they were from what they're doing now. This made me think of my own work, and after a little digging, I found these two paintings from my college days.
I thought it would funny if I put them up and let people see what I was doing in 1995-1997.


Piggy
30" x 40"
Acrylic, Oil Pastel, and Ink on Canvas

1995
NOTES: This painting was inspired by the Nine Inch Nails track, "Piggy"


Paintings for Children #2
Acrylic on Canvas
36" x 48"

1997
NOTES: This painting was created as a series, inspired by "Joe Camel", and the use of cartoon characters to advertise, or appeal to children.

I have more college era paintings stuffed in my garage that I'll photograph and put up when I've got the time.
Enjoy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

piggy is sick

jenny said...

wowzers o_o

Joe said...

Those are both great.
I love to see how artists have evolved through their careers.
I was just talking with my friend about it right now.

monica choy said...

looks like your "found materials" phase with the piggy one, eh?

Luke C. said...

I TOTALLY went found object on "Piggy".
Like I said, "Found Object Art" is a total beginners move. :P