Sunday, January 06, 2008

An evening spent contemplating "The Nature of Water"


Last night was the opening reception for "The Nature of Water" show at Gallery Nucleus, and it was PACKED despite the rain.
Shannon Lee (Bruce Lee's Daughter) was there, they had a Bruce Lee look alike contest, and a raffle where they gave away books, shirts, hats, and one of a kind poster prints of my painting and the postcard piece.
My SCAG friend Jenny won a Bruce Lee Foundation hat with one the tickets I gave her.

I also ran into a lot of friends, and met a lot of fans during the show.

It's funny, since I've been slowly waking up from my opiate induced slumber, something my friend Amy Duran said to me during the Possessed release party comes to mind:
"Luke, your work really draws in a lot of cuties…".
I didn't think about it much back then cause I was all doped up, but now that I think about it, all I can say is, she's right. :)
I have a feeling this is going to be an interesting year.

1 comment:

jenny said...

lord i need a haircut